Monday, July 03, 2006

No diapers here ...


I took this picture at Tiananmen Square in Beijing. Chinese children in general do not wear diapers. Rather innovatively, they wear shorts that cover their buns and thighs, with a convenient slit for other business matters when nature calls. We laughed quite a bit when a little boy came to relieve himself on a waterpond surrounding a tree in one of the gardens at the Temple of the Wild Goose Pagoda in Xian yesterday.

Let me post this and see if I can get another picture up before my time runs up at the internet desk.

We arrived in Shanghai today. It feels very much like New York City. I love it! Can somebody egt me a job here if possible? Just dreaming ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ken,

I am consured how this works. Don't they just end up pooping themselves. From what age do they where these things. The devil wants to know the details.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posed this question to our guide in Shanghai, who has a nine-month old daughter. According to her, many Chinese people begin potty-training their children at the age of 2.5 months. It is expected that
by the time the kids are walking around, they will be able to take advantage of the design convenience offered by the slit!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home